Stuart Hall – Terms of Reference
Dame Linda Dobbs will:
- Receive evidence from people against whom Stuart Hall has admitted inappropriate sexual conduct in connection with his work for the BBC.
- Receive evidence from other people who allege inappropriate sexual conduct by Stuart Hall in connection with his work for the BBC and from others who claim to have raised concerns about Stuart Hall’s activities (whether formally or informally) within the BBC.
- Investigate the extent to which BBC personnel were or ought to have been aware of inappropriate sexual conduct by Stuart Hall in connection with his work for the BBC.
- Consider whether the culture and practices within the BBC locations where Stuart Hall worked during the years of his employment enabled inappropriate sexual conduct to continue unchecked.
- Provide her findings to Dame Janet Smith, the chair of the Dame Janet Smith Review.
Please see also the attached explanatory note for further information: Explanatory note